Independent’s clients include many of the largest and most reputable Greek and international shipowners/managers and underwriters.
Our work ethic is simple: to provide an efficient, speedy and cost-effective service to any instructing party, no matter how large or small. Independent offers advice on all hull insurance matters, involving every conceivable type of casualty.
All adjusting and printing is undertaken in our Greek office. We liaise closely with our clients with a view to avoiding unnecessary delays.
Finally, as our name implies, we are a wholly “independent” company, founded and operated by its directors, answerable only to our clients and their underwriters.
We have experience of all manner of H & M claims, including:
- Latent defect
- Fuel/lubrication contamination
- Hull damage
- Unspecified contact damage
- Crew &/or repairer’s negligence
We have assisted in multi-million US Dollar collision settlements involving tankers, bulkers,LNG carriers and passenger ships. The division of recoveries and costs between the parties involved – H & M underwriters, Shipowners, Cargo interests and P&I Clubs – is a complex matter requiring the many years of practical experience that we have.
We have vast experience of GA/Salvage situations and have dealt with:
- Towage of a fully loaded bulk carrier from Brazil to Japan, followed by a very extensive machinery damage claim.
- Collection of GA & Salvage security from 500+ cargo interests following grounding/refloating of a fully loaded container ship.
- Forced discharge of bulk cargo, storage and reloading.
- Flooded engine room necessitating Salvage and General Average detention at a port of refuge.
- General Average/Salvage claims pursued against cargo interests only.